Night 5: Nightmare on Walnut Street

On the Route 66 side of things, we stopped in a little town called Uranus. They really lean into the name. They sell fudge there and, once you have made your selection, are forced to say "Thank you for letting us pack your fudge." That kind of place. I bought a friend a Christmas gift and bought myself some fudge (which was just ok). They had an escape room there but I had no time to play it. It was a fun stop. Otherwise, things were not too eventful that day.



That night, we rolled into Springfield, MO. We stayed at the haunted Walnut Street Inn. This is actually a very charming bed and breakfast operated by a nice man. We actually stayed in two rooms in the carriage house, which is decidedly not haunted. If we had stayed in the main house, probably would have gotten ghosts galore. As it was, there was a spa bath and it felt amazing. Also, a lot of vintage cameras in the room, all pointed at the bed. I don't know if they had hidden cameras in them but I wasn't taking a risk so I moved them all sideways. I slept well. I was still a little wired from the night before.

Sorry there is not much spooky stuff for this night. Just the way the cookie crumbles.


Next, we moved on to Oklahoma City.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exciting Ghost Adventures: Lemp Mansion

Road Map to a Haunted October

Nights 2-3: Chi Town, Chi Town We Gonna Show Em How We Get Down