Night 4: Walking with a Lemp

We began the drive down Route 66 on this day. I have figured out that most of the early stages of Route 66 are just old hotels, diners and a few oddities here and there. We stopped in Joliet and I bought a delicious blue raspberry Route 66 Soda at the Rt 66 Museum. Below are some pics like the Gemini Man and Paul Bunyon holding a big ole hot dog. The drive was fun but did not offer a lot of things to get out and do.




We arrived at the Lemp Mansion at about 8pm and there was a skeleton crew of a staff. Apparently, the staff just fucking leave at night. So, the guests are alone in the mansion and there are only 4 rooms. Across the hall from us were three women who were doing their own ghost hunting (I heard one ask the other if her EMF detector was charged). Our room had a huge sitting room that could be shut off with a giant pair of pocket doors. Our bathroom, also, was huge. There was another door in it leading to a small, servants hallway. My mom got freaked out when the door to that hallway was unlocked. She called me in to see that she couldn't lock it only to find it very securely locked. She was shook.



I, on the other hand, was relatively ok. I set up a video camera that I accidentally turned off as soon as it started. I closed the doors to the sitting room and got ready for bed. My problem was, I had to pee...so much. It was like my bladder was haunted. As soon as I went to the bathroom, I had to go again. I was also miserably hot. I could not fall asleep at all. Long after my mother had passed out, I was getting up and going to the giant bathroom every 20-30 minutes.



At about 2am, as I tried to sleep, I heard the door to our suite open on the other side of the closed pocket doors. I had locked this door before retiring for the night. I clearly heard footsteps on the hardwood and then muffled as they crossed the carpet and then back on the hardwood again, right outside the closed doors in the sitting room. And then, nothing. No walking away, no opening of the doors, just silence. This finally freaked me out. The rest of the night was spent tossing, turning and pissing. 

When the morning came, I was glad to GTFO Lemp mansion. It was time to leave for Springfield, MO.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exciting Ghost Adventures: Lemp Mansion

Road Map to a Haunted October

Nights 2-3: Chi Town, Chi Town We Gonna Show Em How We Get Down